Friday, October 22, 2010

Just a dream

Last night was a strange night.  My dream was so vivid that I woke up believing it to be true, and seemed to go on forever.  Now while I couldn't tell you where the place was, as my mind was focused on the event at hand, everything else that happened was with such immense detail, that it seemed so real.  On one hand, it comforted me for a while after I woke up, and on the other, it saddened me that it didn't actually happen.

I dreamt that Shannon was in delivery, although this time it was a different place, and everything went all right with the baby (whose name I am not going to post, but Shannon knows what the name is).  We enjoyed the first 6 months or so, and in the dream, I remember most of that time as it actually happened.  I wont go into great detail, but it was wonderful. 

Unfortunately, I awoke from it with a stomache ache, and looked around, and realized it was only a dream.  It was depressing, to say the least, but at least Gunner (one of our Rhodesian Ridgeback's) realized something was up, and groggily proceeded to roll close to me on his back, flailing his head about acting all goofy.  He's pretty good for that (now if he would just stay out of the trash, we wouldn't have any real issues with him).

It's rare that I remember dreams as vividly as I remember this one, and maybe there is a reason for it, or it could just be coincidence....  I don't know yet.  If it is a glimpse into the future, I am excited, but if it's only a dream, a want, a yearning....well.... then it is truly depressing.

I know now that I do want children more than anything, and regret all those times I said I didn't want them.  Maybe Karma is coming back to give me a slap of reality, who knows.  It's scary, though, thinking if this was to happen again.  I know I shouldn't, but there is the possibility that it could, and I do not think we could handle another bout like this, but only time will tell.

-Corey A. Zuroweste

No comments:

Post a Comment